Before adopting a #roldadog
The adoption fee covers essentials such as the pet passport, microchipping, vaccinations. Please select your country of residence below to find out more.
General steps to adopt a #roldadog
Choose a dog. You can send your questions/initial request
Complete the adoption form, after accepting pre-adoption conditions
A ROLDA team member
will contact you
Be ready for a homecheck
Pay the adoption fees, sign the contract
Dog is transported to your country
ROLDA requests follow up stories about how your dog is progressing
- Dog is saved from streets and transported to ROLDA shelter.
- Dog is placed in quarantine for at least 21 days, vaccinated and microchipped, the microchip is registered in the RECS (national database) under the ROLDA name.
- Dog is sterilized and follows a recovery period.
- Dog behavior is evaluated to see if he/she needs rehabilitation or he/she is ready for adoption.
- Most of the dogs are trained to walk on the leash and other basic commands. Remember, these dogs have been on streets, alone and almost wild all their life!
- Photo session undertaken once the dog is ready to be adopted.
- Once selected by an adopter, the dog is tested (snap test) and undertakes a vet check, including dental examination.
- Dog has a cleaning and grooming session.
- ROLDA team prepares travel documents (including the TRACES document).
- Transportation option is selected. Arrival date and meeting point also agreed with the owner.