Before adopting a #roldadog
The adoption process and transportation costs vary depending on the country the animal is traveling to. Please select your country of residence below to find out more.
The adoption fee covers essentials such as the pet passport, microchipping, vaccinations and blood tests and in some countries, the transport too.
The steps to adopt a #roldadog
Choose a dog. You can send your questions/initial request
Complete the adoption form, after accepting pre-adoption conditions
A ROLDA team member
will contact you
Be ready for a homecheck
Pay the adoption fees, sign the contract
Dog is transported to your country
ROLDA requests follow up stories about how your dog is progressing
- Dog is saved from streets and transported to ROLDA shelter.
- Dog is placed in quarantine for at least 21 days, vaccinated and microchipped, the microchip is registered in the RECS (national database) under the ROLDA name.
- Dog is sterilized and follows a recovery period.
- Dog behavior is evaluated to see if he/she needs rehabilitation or he/she is ready for adoption.
- Most of the dogs are trained to walk on the leash and other basic commands. Remember, these dogs have been on streets, alone and almost wild all their life!
- Photo session undertaken once the dog is ready to be adopted.
- Once selected by an adopter, the dog is tested (snap test) and undertakes a vet check, including dental examination.
- Dog has a cleaning and grooming session.
- ROLDA team prepares travel documents (including the TRACES document).
- Transportation option is selected. Arrival date and meeting point also agreed with the owner.